Monday 11 May 2009

The Trails and Tribulations of Shot 20a

Ok so I had alot of problems with this shot. Its amazing how sometimes just the subtle movements can give you the most grief when It comes to animating. At first when I was animating the marshals in the shot, both Matt and I had different ways of looking at it. I saw it as more of a exaggerated shock, and Matt saw it as a glance up to back the sheriff. After much deliberation, we as our fellow group member Harvey. His opinion was to combine both our ideas together, so that the secondary characters wouldn't takeaway from the sheriff; but still have something more than just looking up.


This is one of the initial playblasts

The next playblast is the one I am working on now, I have pretty much finished the marshal on the right, since my group members last saw it I have added some secondary action to the hands, and made the head movement just a touch quicker. I have now moved on to animating the the other marshal,but I can't get it quite right. Fellow Banditos a lil help please!!!! would really appreciate your comments. It still in the early stages but I still want to see what you all think, what I could add or take out....... (personally I think he could be a little faster)

1 comment:

Sam Harvey said...

Guy on left is doing a nice action at a nice pace. Think maybe he just needs to be made less clunky and robotic and smooth his actions. Guy on right is nice but could still be toned down a little. x